How to play
Playing Zoolu is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Start with these step-by-step instructions and for any questions, consult the rulebook.
1. Collect some playersGrab two, three or four people for a game (or five to eight players when combining two Zoolu decks).
2. Get a shuffle onThe dealer splits the deck into one pile of Target Cards and one pile of Wild! Cards and Kaos! Cards mixed together (the ‘pick-up pile’). Then they shuffle each pile like it's Casino Royale.
3. Secret squirrelEach player is dealt one Target Card, showing what Wild! Card Colour or Type they have to collect. After sneaking a peek, each person puts their Target Card face-down on the table.
4. Ready, set...Everyone is dealt cards from the pick-up pile (how many cards depends on how many players). It's a good plan to sort cards into Colours and Types in your hand (flipping cards upside down for Types).
5. GO!The youngest player starts the first game (yessssss!). Take turns picking up one card, then discarding one card into the middle. A card can be taken from the pick-up pile or the top of the discard pile.
6. Roll with itWhen a player discards a Kaos! Card, they have to do what it says (eg 'skip a turn'). And if a Kaos! Card impacts another player, that person has to wear the consequences.
7. On targetEach player tries to collect a full set of the Wild! Cards they need (eg, all Cruisy cards). And when a person has one last card to collect, they have to share the happy news and say, “Going Wild!”
8. Seal the dealA player wins when they pick up that lucky last card and discard the one they don't need. They announce, “I’m Wild!” and show everyone their full set and matching Target Card. Victory dance optional.
For sweet young things...To play Zoolu with ages 3+, just take the Kaos! Cards out of the deck and collect sets of Wild! Cards according to each player's Target Card.